We provide individual advocacy to adults with disabilities living in Metropolitan Melbourne.
DRC provides advocacy support to adults with a disability in the Melbourne Metro area. We accept self referrals, referrals from service providers and support people where permission from the client has been sought.
Please fill out the Referral form below or call us on 9671 3000.
- We do not provide advocacy assistance to people with disabilities under the age of 18.
- We do not provide assistance with NDIS, AAT appeals.
- We are not funded to assist adults with a disability from rural and regional areas- To find an advocacy organization in your area CLICK HERE.
What is individual advocacy?
The role of disability advocacy is to assist people to achieve justice by;
- Helping people to voice their views in relation to decisions that affect their lives
- Acting with or on behalf of people to ensure their rights are recognized and respected
What does advocacy cost?
Our advocacy service has no charge.
Interpreting and Translation
The following can be arranged at no cost to the client.
- Language interpreting / translation
- Auslan interpreting
- Live captioning
What can we do?
Our advocates can help you to
We can provide advocacy support and assistance on a wide range of issues.
- Access to premises
- NDIS applications & reviews. *we cannot assist with AAT appeals.
- DSP applications, reviews & appeals.
- General disability access issues