TRANSPORT FOR ALL:
THE CAMPAIGN FOR A PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE
JOIN US FOR A DAY OF ACTION ON THURSDAY 24th MARCH
Campaigners will be holding simultaneous actions across Melbourne and the regions this week to demand that the Andrews government delivers on its promise to provide all Victorians with a fully accessible public transport system.
Please join us in solidarity at any of the following:
1) Sydney Road, Brunswick, Melbourne RV 9.30am, location tbc (will update here)
2) Clifton Hill Interchange, Melbourne RV 11am outside Terminus Hotel, 492 Queens Parade, Fitzroy North
3) Warrnambool Station, RV 11am at the west end of the platform
4) Bairnsdale Town Centre RV 12pm outside the library, 22 Service Street, Bairnsdale
5) Chapel Street, Prahran, Melbourne, RV 2.30pm outside Prahran Town Hall
DRC is working with a newly formed coalition of Victorian organisations and individuals who have come together to campaign for a Public Transport system that is accessible to everyone, everywhere, across our state.
As we emerge from the impacts of COVID-19 it is imperative that all members of the community can reconnect with family, friends and community. The need for reliable, safe, affordable, integrated and accessible public transport has never been greater.
Yet right now much of our transport system cannot be used by so many in our community – people with disabilities, those who need a seat, families pushing prams and many of our elders.
If you believe public transport should be for everyone please stand with us!